View Single Post
10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Global Moderator
vCash: 69
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You're not concerned about the team losing four games by an aggregate score of 18-5? A trip where the Rangers held the lead for a grand total of about 5 minutes?

You're not concerned that the franchise player had a GAA of 4.13 with a .859 save percentage?

You're not concerned that this team's power play looks just as anemic as it did last season?

You're not concerned that the two big ticket forwards combined for 0 points?

This front office doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. And if you don't see that he has a propensity for making moves in a vacuum than I don't really know what to tell you. But, y'know, that's only my opinion.

And it's a cliche, but it's true, it's not that they're losing, it's the way they're losing. AV was brought in to improve the offense. But there are no Sedin twins here.
First, they shake up a team that made the ECF, a perfect team for Torts; Then, they make moves during the following season to get back to a more "Torts team"; Lastly, they fire Torts after said season.

NYR have been pretty consistently competitive since the '05 LO, but will these habits build a Cup winner? Mehhhhhhhhh.

Also, regarding the lack of intensity shown in the preseason, I'd just like to throw out there the obvious lack of Hagelin and Callahan, indubitably our two biggest spark-plugs. Seemed to me that some people let their expectations of AV flourish during the stagnant latter half of the offseason. NYR have average/above-average offense with Hagelin, Stepan, and Callahan.

Last edited by aufheben: 10-01-2013 at 02:58 PM.