View Single Post
Old
10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I love how you guys completely ignored the gist of my comment... that it has already been decided that Gill will fail and not help the team if there are injuries and the depth is needed... that somehow we can cut through the actual facts and just rely on opinion as if it has already occurred and hang the ********.

Also, I do believe it is a it... quite a bit na´ve to believe that we who follow the sport are as knowledgeable as those who not only grew up with the sport as a way of life but also played the game at the highest level and been in the front office/leadership of Organizations for decades, and in some cases longer than some of us have been alive... If you want to take the simplistic view and believe that it is easy and we on the outside can do it better, then please go ahead... but excuse some of us who won't buy it.

Sure they make mistakes, but hindsight is always 20/20 and achievements are often ignored... One GM out of 30 each season wins the Cup while 29+ fail... some never win it over a career... so IMO the all or nothing bar of success is BS... and a GM can fail quite a bit and still be a success -- unlike us fans -- or are you saying that the owners who continue to hire GMs who make mistakes are less knowledgeable that we are also? Home screws up... all GMs screw up... all I'm saying here that Homer believes that Gill is good as a hire on his team... and as of now, a day before the season starts, there is nothing to say that he is incorrect... Just give him a chance to be proven wrong and stop making a mountain out of a minor signing with little downside with so much other things yet to be tested. And I go on record as saying that I cannot GM better than Homer or any other NHL GM; there I've said it. LOL
Nobody has said they can do a better job then Homer so this is, again, someone claiming others are going crazy when that person himself is the one exaggerating things. I don't know how legitimate criticism of a signing equates to us saying we can do better then Homer at his job in your mind.

As far as Gill goes, the chances that he'll be useful in the system Laviolette runs are about as high as Colorado winning the Cup. Meaning it's technically possible but there's no reason to believe it will happen.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote