View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well honestly, he hasn't done a lot that we know of. But he's a recognizable/popular name coming from a team that just had success, and by all accounts a GM spot is in his future. He's definitely paid his dues, starting off in the scouting department over a decade ago and working his way up.

What makes me excited is the possibility he knows goalies. What gives me pause is Quick was drafted before he got there, and Bernier was drafted at around the same time...so who knows how involved he was with that decision.

I definitely prefer him to Hanrahan, who has done a questionable job as the CBA guy/capologist.
I agree with you that he will make a good successor in the future, just don't understand those who want to replace Holmgren right now with him and expect him to be better. Fans have a right to complain about their teams GM, but the reality is Holmgren has had a very good record here: 5 out of 6 years in the playoffs with last years half season bs as the exception, 4 years in the 2nd rd, 2 conference championships appearances, 1 Stanley cup final. There have been very few teams to have that type of success lately, especially without being dreadful first for many years before hand.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote