View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 08:50 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I agree with you that he will make a good successor in the future, just don't understand those who want to replace Holmgren right now with him and expect him to be better. Fans have a right to complain about their teams GM, but the reality is Holmgren has had a very good record here: 5 out of 6 years in the playoffs with last years half season bs as the exception, 4 years in the 2nd rd, 2 conference championships appearances, 1 Stanley cup final. There have been very few teams to have that type of success lately, especially without being dreadful first for many years before hand.
Because he has been inconsistent and mediocre particularly since the big trade. I thought he redeemed himself a bit with the Carter and Richards trades and then he goes and get Bryz (maybe he should have "debated" his owner harder), continues to hold on to a coach that will most likely be ousted mid season despite there being good candidates in the offseason, continues to assemble a team that doesn't necessarily fit the coach's style particularly the D men and we are staring down the barrel of another underachieving year and possibly missing the playoffs because of all this.

The only thing he has been exceptional at has been drafting and all we have to do is keep the same staff.

I'm not sold on Hextall necessarily either and you make valid points but again b/c Snider is still breathing and won't stray from his cosa nostra family run business model..Hextall is pretty much a shoe in to be GM so why fight it. At least he has built up his resume..he deserves a chance to prove himself..might as well be here.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote