View Single Post
10-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Ed finally concedes!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
You make some good points but you must be under the assumption that another GM would have produced a better overall record than Holmgren. When you actually compare his record to that of his peers, he is upper echelon. Here is the list of teams that have had 2 conference championship appearances and 4 2nd playoff appearances in the last 6 years(Holmgren's time as full time GM): Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, and San Jose.

If the Flyers fail to reach the playoffs this year, I agree he deserves to be fired, but it is hard for me to argue against the actual record of the team under his watch.
Those who follow ..never come in first. Holmgren to me is bold when he wants to be and needs to be but his decisions are not well thought out or longitudinal. He seems to be more reactionary than proactive. He dithers a bit too much. Having said this I do believe Snider meddles too much and inhibits his decision making but he needs to challenge his owner more and empower himself if he feels he is being overridden too much. Otherwise..step down....this may happen.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote