Thread: Value of: James Reimer to Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Zezel View Post
Come on, Reimer's value has been discussed before. Schneider fetched a top 10, a low 1st or high second is reasonable For Reimer.

I don't think it's time for Edmonton to start scrambling or TO wanting to go with a clear number one. That aside I think the Oilers 2nd and a conditional 3rd would be fair.

I guess I should say if the Oilers had a second this coming year.
Schneider fetch that, because everyone know that Gillis was under the gun to trade one of them (or buyout Luongo). Other than the year Reimer was hurt (concussion), he's put up very good numbers. His only downfall has been that he hasn't had the chance to start more than 40 games in a season. All Reimer needs this season is to be healthy and the chance to show what he can do over a full season. If he does, his value goes up.

There's absolutely no chance that Toronto trades Reimer for a 2nd and a 3rd. There's no chance they trade him for a 1st anytime soon either - although that's a lot closer to his value than a 2nd and 3rd.