View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 11:34 AM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
The consensus seems to be that Tallon don't know how to draft. Things are much better since he left with the same Mark Kelly as Director of Amateur Scouting that he hired still running the draft. Have I got that right??.
I believe you do. Kelley has been very effective with Bowman and Tallon should be credited for that hire. Kelley's hire and Niemi were Tallon's two best moves in my opinion. Overall I thought Tallon was pretty bad and probably wouldn't have had the job if he wasn't one of the good-ol'-boys, and while he missed on many of his hires, Kelley looks like a good one even though he probably helped persuade Tallon to pick Beach.

Such a shame how Beach worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Many people had Turris at #1 over Kane and Jordan Staal ahead of Toews in their draft years. It's not always an easy decision. Prior to the lockout tiny skilled players like Kane, think MSL, were more likely to go undrafted than #1 overall.
Speaking of Mark Kelley, he claimed to have known the Hawks were taking Kane as soon as he found out Chicago won the lottery, months before the draft.

I think we'll see lot's of Cody Beach in Chicago, wonder if he'll stick or end up in Europe too.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote