View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Yossarian54

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
What you write makes sense, if we are looking to continue with a current roster that has zero (close to zero) chance of winning a cup. Do you not think it would be wiser to move the older players this season, so their return is high?

Luongo wants out, and with the cap going up, and his motivation to play great (as you write: "top 5 goalie") he should be a lot more 'moveable' this coming summer. That makes the team not as good. If the Twins were moved at the coming deadline, then the team would take another step back. This would create a domino affect among the other older players: Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, who might also want to be moved. Kelser is a keeper, unless he wanted out too. Moving these players, and getting (high) picks, and ,or, (grade A) prospects would create (if management does a good job!) a future window, where the chances of winning a cup are a lot better than they are now.
I think that holds water only if you truly believe this roster has zero chance of winning a cup in the next 3 years or so. I don't think anyone can realistically say that is the case. Boston and LA have shown you don't need to have the best players, just be healthy and hot at the right time. You're also making the assumption that Lu is moveable.

Anyway, even if you do believe that, you need to go absolutely full ******. Sell everything that isn't nailed down. And then you have to hope that the kids you draft can replace guys like Lu, Hamhuis and Burrows, not to mention the ****ing franchise all time points leader. I think it is idiotic to think that you can do this and be sure of a better chance of winning the cup in 7,8,9 years or however long it takes.