View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
And you havent let the fact we dont have anywhere near that type of depth now effect your thinking in the least. A 3rd line centered by Miller and having Fast on the RW is just as likely to create some offense as it is to fall on its face completely. I dont think you'll find many coaches at all, especially ones that want to keep their jobs, willing to take that risk night in and night out.
My focus is on dressing a lineup that can compete for a cup. If Miller, Cally, and Pyatt/Fast cannot produce offensively then we are not a contender. I would rather roll the dice with that group and have a 3rd line that has the skill to score than put Boyle there knowing that the line is destined for offensive ineptness. Boyle should be on the 4th line with Moore and Dorsett/Asham. Then we have a 4th line that is near the top of the league. IMHO we need to trust our young guys who have skill, and in Miller's case, grit to man our third line so the scoring threat exists for our top 9; not just top 6. And let's be honest our top 6 is not going to fill the net as often as a contender's top 6 should.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote