View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
about 15 years ago I made a dozen Rick clones for a band and I have made several acoustic electrics. I make 5 or 6 electric guitars per year (though I only made 4 guitars total this past year) when I can.

I use the Denny Zager technique for my set ups and really all of my guitars come set up in his fashion. I am lucky enough to have had more orders then time for the past several years but after this season I will try and catch up and then get back to trying to make a run at making otc guitars again.

I have seen a couple of my guitars show up for sale on line over the years. My logo is allot like the old Northstars emblem (an elongated N with a star on top) with the exception being a small W over an X in the middle. It sounds busy but it looks good or at least it does to me.

North X Northwest is the name I build under or it was, for the past couple of years I just build guitars with the N on the headstock or if I am building a slotted head I just allow the inset info to be my mark.

I will post some pics. I will try to get to them this weekend. Always happy to meet a fellow enthusiast.
Really cool stuff, man. Do you go on any guitar/gear boards? I used to go on Harmony Central a bit but stopped when they re-did the site. Some of the guys there post their builds all they way through from start to finish and I'm always in awe of what some regular people can do. I say regular meaning that isn't their career but a hobby. I wish I had a shred of talent for that sort of thing but I'm useless with my hands in any constructive sense. I do more harm than good with tools which is why I sit at a desk all day. Even playing the guitar is a bit like a square peg in a round hole but I love it so much that I've forced myself to get better at it over the years.

If there are three things I love in life it is hockey, guitars and women. Probably in that order... well, you could interchange hockey and guitars on any given year but women are always a distant 3rd.