View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Based off of past experience, The Phillies usually alternate going pitcher heavy and position player heavy every year. They went position player heavy last year. Just something to keep in mind. They have not, however, picked this high in quite a while (2001- Gavin Floyd- #4 overall). I'm always a BPA advocate so that is the way I would go. They could use just about anything. As much as a stud position prospect would be nice, this team does lack a top of the rotation guy in the system as well.
That's true, but I feel like BPA isn't as clear cut in the first round of baseball drafts as it is in other sports. I could be wrong though. I see the least amount of risk, and quickest path the majors with college hitters. I don't want them to take a guy like that just take him. I'm just hoping there is someone like that at the top of the board when the draft rolls around.

High school pitching prospects worry me. Pitching prospects in general worry me lol, but high school kids more so, due to injuries and difficult projections.