View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 02:29 PM
ziploc

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
Personally, I think we're already in that nether-region of mediocrity.

-on Luongo, he doesn't want to be here. So there's that hanging over this organization's head, which probably needs to be dealt with over the course of the next year.

-on our D core, the "by committee" strategy hasn't really worked, historically. You need that one (or two) stud(s), who can play multiple minutes, in multiple situations, a do-all type. I don't think we have that guy. We don't have that star defenceman.
I agree about the stud defenseman. A true #1 shutdown guy seems pretty important, and I think we have been waiting/hoping/praying for Edler to become that for some time. Doesn't look like he will hit those heights, and elite #1 guys don't grow on trees, so we have tried to get a whole bunch of very good but not great defenseman to compensate. It nearly worked, and barring Hamhuis' injury, would have worked IMHO. We are committed to this way though, and it's not the worst. I don't think we will be mediocre, but this group might not be able to finally get us over the hump. A lot depends on Edler's play this year.