View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
If I was to make an argument for an offensive minded third line, it would be this...

Our top two lines don't have the proven talent and scoring of other top teams in the league. Stepan, Nash, Richards, Brassard, Callahan, and Zuccarello/Hagelin are our top 6 forwards. That's not in the realm of Kane, Toews, Hossa, Saad, Sharp, Bickell, or Marchand, Kreijci, Lucic, Bergeron, Seguin, Horton (I actually think that is debatable, depending on how Richards and Zuccarello play)

So if you're looking for an argument, it's that two lines can't comprise the whole of a sufficient offense.

In my mind, it's a lot simpler than that. I think the only reason this team didn't generate enough offense last year is because the power play was poor. You get our PP to average, we have an average offense.
If we improve our PP to average we have a top-10 offence considering we added Pouliot and get a full season of Zucc/Brass.

Hell with just the expected regression in shooting percentages we should approach the top-5, at least 5v5.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote