View Single Post
Old
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robiyardov View Post
It'd probably not happen, but if I were a GM I'd try everything to replace UFA-to-be Souray with the best d'men prospect possible...
The reason is quite simple. With Markov's salary certain to go through the roof (4.5m+) and with the others all making near or above 2m, the way to go, to me, would be to stack up on the future. A guy that could make an impact as early as next year, that would go cheap for a couple years to come.
Easier said than done, I know.

Of course, I am thinking of Jack Johnson (pipe-dream). Maybe there are others ?
With a guy like Johnson and Emelin already in the system, plus O'Byrne to a certain extent, we'd have a young core of blueliners for years to come, that would go cheap (first few years).

I'd give Souray & 1st pick to begin with (what would LA need ?).

Anyway, there will be no easy way with those three d'men, Markov, Souray & Rivet needed to be resigned... Lots of headache.

No headache at all. Plenty of time to make decisions. Let's first see how the team will perform until the end of the year and in the playoffs - if it makes it of course.

- Rivet will stay in Montreal at a cheaper price just to play with Saku for the rest of his carreer.

- Markov will stay if all his fellow Russians teamates stay in Montreal;

- Souray will stay oif the Habs come close to win big in the playoffs.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote