View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conkanen View Post
It ain't a frickin skills competition. Eager has NO COMPETE. Period. He is a dead man walking out there. At least Brown gives a ***** out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwick Bill View Post
By not being a complete floater and actually buying into what the team is trying to do and filling a role for this club.

You really defending a player who hasn't been able to find a role on a terrible bottom 6 that has lacked toughness in the past 3 years? The guy should of been exactly what we needed but his play suggested the exact opposite.
I'm not an Eager fan at all so I find it weird I'm defending him.

My take is that Eager saw the writing on the wall last season and played real hard in OKC spent the offseason determined to do somthing about it. So he comes into camp in the best shape he's been in in years, is firing lasers out there any chance he gets, actually scores a goal on limited minutes, and its the bums rush out the door? Does anybody think Eager played poorly this preseason? Does anybody think he got much of a chance. Fact is Eager played well in OKC last season. Fact is he did everything he could with limited minutes this preseason. What more then? If the Oilers were already determined not to have him in the show then why have him occupying a spot throughout preseason?

I get that people think Mike Brown is the energizer bunny or something. But that just isn't the case and what you get with Brown is somebody that has trouble playing hockey, doesn't put fear into anybody, can't keep up to the pace, doesn't hit all that much, and quickly disappears into the landscape like he did last season as his performances became very disinterested.

My take is Eager is the most determined he's been in a long while. Why not make use of that for awhile?

Last edited by Replacement: 10-02-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote