View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 05:39 PM
NobleSix
Dynasty to Tragedy

vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Gorges is a good defenseman playing out of his role. He's be even better if he wouldn't be asked to be on the first pairing. I've seen very little people suggesting he's a first pairing D man. He's a great complimentary top 4 dman. If the Canadiens had a guy like Mitchell or Seidenberg to pair up with Subban, I wouldn't have any problem with Gorges being partnered with Markov or Emelin. Asking Gorges to handle a first pairing is too much.
Agreed.

Honestly can't wait until two seasons from now. Our team should be much better. Lots of dead weight coming off of the books by then, hopefully a new coach, some added size and offense through trades/free agency to supplement Eller Gallagher Galchenyuk, along with a seasoned Tinordi and Beaulieu on the back end, and maybe even a new defenseman through trade/free agency. We're honestly not too far away from being a good team. In 2-3 years I'm hoping that the new era will begin. Too many remnants of the old regime still on this team to think that we've turned the page just yet.

Really looking forward to having a good defensive core, because this one just hasn't been up to it. Too many guys being overused and played out of their roles.

This is only year 2 of the rebuild and I'm not expecting much. Future is bright though.

NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote