View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 08:46 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
No doubt Brown hits more than Eager. But a lot of Brown hits are pretty ordinary. Eager can past somebody pretty good.

So lets go to the concussion place. Does anybody here know how much Eager was impacted? No.

Do we know how improved Eager is? (I'll say it looked like he'd improved over the past year)

We do know that players that have had concussions can bounce back and have successful careers afterwards. We've seen this. If you still have said player, and player is playing well, why not feed him some games and minutes to see how much improvement theres been? \

We know what Brown can do, not a whole lot.
We obviously have very different expectations out of the 4th line. I want a line that goes out and hits everything that moves, fights anyone that tries to stand up to them, and can be counted on to shut down the line they're playing against. Any offense is just a bonus. I don't see it as a requirement. Ben Eager doesn't hit much, doesn't fight, and is poor defensively. That's 3 strikes in my books, and scoring the odd goal isn't going to make up for it. Eager is a better player than last year, as I've stated in other threads, but he's not the right fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL OIL View Post
I'm not saying management jump the gun on waiving eager, but Gazdic has played 1 NHL game. Everyone thinks the perfect solution. He had a good game all give him that but I'm not penciling him in till i see more hockey.
He obviously has to prove he can repeat, but he showed a LOT more than Eager ever did, so people are obviously going to be excited

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote