View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
We obviously have very different expectations out of the 4th line. I want a line that goes out and hits everything that moves, fights anyone that tries to stand up to them, and can be counted on to shut down the line they're playing against. Any offense is just a bonus. I don't see it as a requirement. Ben Eager doesn't hit much, doesn't fight, and is poor defensively. That's 3 strikes in my books, and scoring the odd goal isn't going to make up for it. Eager is a better player than last year, as I've stated in other threads, but he's not the right fit.
Doesn't look like were going to come to any agreement. Mike Brown is a disaster defensively. Managed to be -8 on limited shifts and minutes in only 27GP last year. This occurring while playing weak minutes. He was a fantastic disaster on ice.

Eager played 62 games on a far worse Oilers squad the year before and was -1. Lets add that Eager scored 8 goals that year, almost as many as Brown has scored in his whole NHL career.

Fact of the matter is eager scoring the odd goal DID make up for it. He somehow had one of the better +/- on the whole club in 11-12.

You look for your 4th line to make a meager contribution, not get owned, and not having anything bad happen on the ice. GA regularly occurred with Brown on ice last season. I expect more of the same.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote