View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Replacement
Checked out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Eager can be a very effective player, the problem is that he only does so when he ****ing feels like it. This is why I value Brown more so than Eager. Night in and night out you know that Brown will hit, play physical, and fight if need be.

I've been a big backer of Eager, but I have grown tired of his MO. Play like a beat 1 game and then like a puddy cat the next 3-5.
I know Bryan, I don't disagree and you remember me being on the other side of this argument. But guys get desperate when they see their NHL livelihood slipping away and I think some club could harness that desperation with Eager. I think when eager arrrived here he thought he was a lot better player than he was and that he could just pick his spots and not really bust his butt or be intense. Lordy knows I was on Eagers case a lot for this.
Or Laraque years before him. But at least with those guys they can really fight and throw some fear into people.

Brown hits a lot, but not to too much effect. Plus that I've seen Brown completely disappear a whole lot as well last season. Brown isn't the ticket Toronto fans advertised him as. Certainly not an energy player. AS I've stated when the club was down and losing last year Brown was horrible, virtually invisible.

Now Gazdik, thats the real deal. I'll take a couple of him over Brown and Eager any day.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote