View Single Post
Old
10-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
We'll see. The argument is pointless either way. Regardless of whether you like Eberle or not it has no basis on Ryan Smyth now. How Ryan Smyth battled against Darian Hatcher has no basis on him now.

I love Ryan Smyth. My favourite Oiler for years. I still rock his jersey to Oiler games. But the guy is a shadow of his former self. His past contributions don't matter anymore.
Fair enough, thanks for the discussion.

You've detected dislike, and you wouldn't be wrong. I see a bit of a good time Jordan here.

A player content to pad stats, but not the least bit interested in playing a two way game and that has always had some considerable GA and positional problems. Eberle also content to throw the puck away trying to force a play several times a game. I like him best when he's working a simple cycle. But rather than do that I often see him verging on forcing one time passes instead of building a play and working to break down D.

This is an extremely talented player. But he cuts corners.

Its going to be really interesting when Eakins starts fully detecting how many times Eberle fails to peel back and finds himself in bad probability pinches while the puck is turning back the other way several times a night. I guarantee you Eakins will continue to question how somebody feels this is how you play hockey.

The key question is whether we can transform Eberle to a player that will do everything it takes to win.

I'm liking Eakins so far.

Last edited by Replacement: 10-02-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote