View Single Post
10-03-2013, 03:35 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Bennett is far better on the left side than Kobasew, who has been playing against fourth liners the last two seasons. When you play on the fourth line, it matters little if they stick you on the left side or at center (which is what Colorado did). But when you're playing in the top nine, you need to put your best out there. The third line on this team should be Jokinen-Sutter-Kobasew, with Bennett in a top-six forward role (which is what he was drafted for). And I don't care if Jokinen leads the NHL in scoring in October, my opinion won't change. Bennett is a solution to the problems we had against Boston in the playoffs. Jokinen is not.
Have you watched any of the preseason?

Jokinen with Geno and Neal has looked really good. Good enough to maybe lay distinction this season at being one of the most productive lines in hockey.

Bennett playing 3rd line, especially on his natural side, won't kill him at all. In fact, I think him playing on that line and having more offensive responsibility is good for him.

And after watching how this team has worked over the years, you know these lines are not concrete. Bennett will play probably a decent amount of mins in the top 6 on a night to night basis. The game just won't start that way.