View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
He had an impressive assist last night. I think the signing is going to turn out to be a very good one, especially since they got him for multiple years.

I mean Grabovski is also a steal at his cap hit, but he is only signed for one season.

I didn't watch the game, but going by the boxscore and highlights Toronto doesn't seem to have changed much since last season. They still get dominated 5v5 and rely on high percentags to win, it will not last.

If Philly can keep up their level of play from yesterday, they will challenge for a playoff spot despite Mason's awfulness. If Emery can give them decent goaltending in his starts they may even reach the Penguins/Rangers echelon. But I don't think he can handle the 55+ starts he would have to play for that to happen.
I'm really interested to see how far Philly and Pitts go with the sucktastic G they have. Mason and Emery are two "ok" backups fighting for a starter job, I don't see where it works out in the end. IMO Mason would start more games than Emery, I think he's somewhat better (taking injuries into account as well.)