Thread: Michael Ryder
View Single Post
Old
11-28-2006, 08:46 AM
oli500

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Yet again, someone spouts off some mis-information they've gathered from this site - because it certainly isn't from the stats page at nhl.com

Ryder was tied for second on the team last year in the playoffs with 5 points in 6 games. Kovalev, the leading scorer, had 7 points. Ryder did this with an average of 3 mins less ice time per game than Kovalev. If you guys don't think that is upping his game come playoff time, there is something wrong.

Bottom line, he is a hard worker with a deadly shot that can score 30 goals and he is still developing. Why anyone would want to trade him away like John LeClair or countless other players that developed here and went on to do great things on another team is beyond me.
Im talking about key games in the playoffs, I dont know if you notice my avatar but ryder is one of my favorites, I allways protected him, even last year when everyone was on him for what ever reason. A guy like him could of put the huricanes away in the playoffs last year. Hes a shooter and you want him to shoot the puck as much as posible because hes got one of the best and most acurates shot on the habs. After game two he hardly shot the puck. When ryder strugles to put up points he strugles because he dosent shoot the puck enough. Thats his game and the players urond him have to find a way to give him the puck.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote