Old
10-03-2013, 10:34 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I don't really think anybody is arguing the last part though. If Couturier played with decent linemates, he doesn't have to be flanked by all-stars just better players then Talbot and Rinaldo, he'd put up numbers that people around here would at least be content with. Instead his lack of production is seen as a sign of a lack of offensive talent. But the thing that bothers me most is that we are one game into the season and we are already talking about this. So I assume most people arguing Couturier is a dud are basing this off his offensive numbers from last yr. Just seems really stupid to me.
I know no one is saying that he would be a superstar...but how many more points do you think he would get if he played with guys like Read and Simmonds? Ten more? Twenty more? More than that? Less than that? It isn't going to really revolutionize his game unless he goes from Rinaldo and Rosehill to the Sedin Twins.

Just putting him out there with the likes of Read and Simmonds isn't going to make the difference you are hoping for. Yes, his scoring would go up. Last year he was on pace for around 30 points. I honestly don't think putting him out there with Read and Simmonds is going to turn him into a 60 point player...or even a 50 point player. My projection would probably be somewhere in the 40s. I don't have any problem with that if his defense remains at a high level, and maybe you don't either. But it seems like some people here think that putting him with better linemates would drastically increase his point total (not to the point of superstardom, but it seems like people would expect a drastic increase)...which I don't think it would.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote