View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Lebowski

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
No interest in Morin. Morin was one of Phillys first cuts at camp and has been below average since returning to the Q. Obviously Tinordi wasn't too hot in his first OHL season but Morin already has experience in the league and with the coach so there's no reason he shouldn't be doing well. I was going to cry if we drafted him at 25/would have been livid if we traded up at the draft. I was shocked(pleasantly surprised?) that someone took him just outside the top 10.

Simmonds is who I'd be looking at if we're getting anyone from Philly. The only way I'd trade for Couturier is if we have another deal lined up to trade Plekanec for a ransom(Like to New Jersey for Larsson+). I just don't think Sean is as good as people give him credit as being. The main reason we could use him is we don't have centers that can win faceoffs.
This isn't NHL14... No way the Devils even consider trading us Larsson (And they'd even add something?!) for Plekanec.

As for Morin, he's raw, but I'd LOVE to have him on this team. A package of Morin and Simmonds would be very tempting. I don't see a need in Couturier for the simple fact we already have way too many top 9 centers around. We'd ideally need to get rid of two before even thinking of adding someone else.

And I'd rather go after B. Schenn than Couturier if I had the choice, but they won't separate the Schenn brothers at his point unless we're willing to take both of them I'd bet (not that I'd be against inquiring about Luke as well, I actually kind of like his game).

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote