View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
Hmmm from what I heard it doesn't sound like he has anything more to prove in juniors. So what if he only gets fourth line minutes, give the kid NHL experience. He brought some good energy last year I thought.
This is what I don't get....why do people think this????

Laughton was the #2 C on Oshawa last year with Boone Jenner being #1. We label Laughton a 3rd line C who "has nothing to prove in Jr." Maybe, just maybe he develops more offensive upside in Jr and then REALLY earns a spot on the Flyers.

Jenner was a 2nd rd pick...Laughton a 1st
Jenner had a 1.14 PPG in his 3rd year...Laughton had 1.14 in his 3rd year
Jenner was sent back for a 4th year...Laughton has now been sent back
Jenner EARNED the #1C job at training camp this year...Laughton next year....???

Maybe, just maybe, we should allow the kids to grow more physically and offensively by sending them back for an extra year. You never know, you might actually get a better hockey player because of it. Not many players development has been hurt by going back to Jr.

And guess what, if all he is going to be is a 3rd liner then what is the rush? There are many 3rd liners available every year. We need to make these kids EARN their roster spot, not just give it to them. Look at Boston, LA and Chicago as examples.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote