View Single Post
10-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Disagree. Maybe your Leighton diagram would be of use here? Bernier being the biggest part, the rest being the smaller part? Other than the poor Power Play showing, there really wasn't much going on last night besides Bernier's performance that stuck out as a reason that the Flyers lost. And surely a poor power isn't the same **** that was on display last year since the power play was pretty damned good last year. The rest of the game wasn't perfection by any means for the Flyers, but it certainly didn't look to me like there was some glaring issue that the Flyers will not be able to overcome. If Bernier didn't stand on his head most of the game, I predict the outcome would have been different. Kind of like how if Leighton wouldn't have played so poorly in the SCF, the Flyers would have won, right? Or does it not work that way if I am saying it?
There was the usual glaring issue of not scoring at even strength. The usual lack of adjustment once the other team changed their strategy. The usual playing into the other team's strategy. Some of those problems go back throughout Lavi's tenure and have only gotten worse as other teams have figured the Flyers out.

Saturday night, I like to raise a little harm. I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote