View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Really?

The Flyers controlled the play 5-on-5, they forced the Leafs into giving the Flyers 7 powerplays, the defense actually looked competent as a group, they actually looked like they knew how to exit their own zone (for the first time in years), there was only one shift I can recall that the Leafs had theFlyers pinned in their own zone for more than 15 seconds... there were a lot of positives around the 'team' game last night and very few negatives.

The only team problem I saw last night was a lack of finish. There were individuals who looked poor, but that was as strong a team game as you'll see from the Flyers this year. Bury chances, win the game; fail to capitalize on chances, easy loss.
I agree with this, they actually played pretty decent. There weren't defensive breakdowns, failed clears, failure to move the puck up. The problem was finish, and that alone.
Now granted, Toronto seemed to have been gassed so the real test will come on Saturday against another 0-1 team. It'll be easier to gauge then.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote