View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
I just don't get all the negative comments about the Leafs.

James van Riemsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul - Nazem Kadri - Nikolai Kulemin
Mason Raymond - David Bolland - Troy Bodie

That's a very, very good top 9. Well balanced. They have question marks when it comes to their D, just like we do. But their forwards are more consistent performers.

Half our forwards are more comfortable playing C and all our size is on the LW and midgets on the RW. Half our D is soft and unable to clear the crease and prevent second and third shots on Price.

Habs won't improve until we rebalance that group of players and that can only happen through trades. Unfortunately, we have a few boat anchor contracts so I don't see that happening soon.

We're a bubble team and rebuilding and the team should be coached accordingly, ie give more TOI to the EGG line, PK, etc. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's the team we'll see until some of the contracts expire.
They have some good players in there, but any top 9 with Bodie in there can't be THAT good. They are solid on the wings and in nets but mediocre at center and on defense.

I don't see what difference if you have 2 small guys on RW and 1 on LW or all 3 on RW. The lines are not on the ice at the same time. The size in the top 9 is not ideal on the Desharnais line but the others have a solid mix and the 4th line is big/agressive/physical, where it matters most.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote