View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 03:39 PM
kmdoom

vCash: 500
I think 2 LD should be our main concern regarding acquisitions. I like Erskine but hate having him in our top 4, and we've got other options that could fill in at the 3rd line center role assuming Fehr can't do the job.

That said, I know we're deep at RW, but moving Brouwer would be a mistake. The direction this team is heading is equal parts scoring ability and grit, and there are no better examples of that mentality than Brouwer and Tom Wilson. But talented young defensemen are becoming redundant in the organization with Orlov, Kundratek, Oleksy, an emerging Carrick, and Madison Bowey who just might be one of our top junior prospects.

Quote:
Stars should have one of Daley, Goligoski, or Robidas available soon.
Goligoski is a great player but I'm not banking on him even being available in trade talks. Keep in mind, getting another PMD would mean putting them beside Carlson, and we want Carlson to be the guy initiating the breakout so it might not be a good fit. Though I could be wrong on that.

What I can see happening is a trade for Daley. What I've got in mind-

Neuvirth (2.5M), Orlov (900,000)= 3.4 M

Daley (3.3M), Dan Ellis (900,000)= 4.4M, 2nd-4th round pick

Ellis would serve as Neuvirth's replacement, unless Oates thinks Grubauer is NHL ready. The pick is included because this is seemingly an overpayment on Washington's part. I think a 21 man roster makes this deal possible.

kmdoom is offline   Reply With Quote