View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 05:34 PM
ManofSteel55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Pilot 76 View Post
I have to say I agree. Did the league blackball this guy for being too outspoken or odd? What is going on? He can't even get an AHL contract? ECHL? I can probably hang in the bottom six in the ECHL. God knows I've played with enough guys who have been there.
This is likely just a contract to keep himself warm for when a contract does come his way. Most NHL teams don't like having...odd...personalities in their dressing room. Team cohesiveness is hard to attain when one guy is a bit of an oddball. That, and his average at best play since leaving Phoenix, makes him a hard guy to want. There don't need to be 60 better goalies. There needs to be a single team who is in such desperate need for a goalie, that they sign him. A lot of teams don't need a goalie at all, some others don't want to take the chance on a crazy backup goalie. I would imagine that he gets a shot partway through the year, if a team with a poor backup sees their starter go down, or a team with a young goalie they are taking a chance on sees their guy flounder. Could be Edmonton, could be Calgary, could be Pittsburgh if Vokoun is out long term and Fleury struggles or gets injured. Its hard to say, but no team has a roster spot right now, and he may well have been looking for a long term deal, or a big payday. I'm sure teams pass on players regularly based on guys wanting too much money or term. This could be one of those situations.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote