View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 06:13 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I've been advocating for this for a while. This team needs three zone discipline (that a guy like Julien would bring) to compensate for the lack of hockey sense that a lot of the players on the roster have. Lavy started out as a free wheeling creativity driven coach. He allowed his players to make a lot of decisions, and what we saw was a team that was prone to mental errors. In order to play that type of system, you need a team with an exceedingly high level of hockey sense, which they had in 2010. What we see now is Lavy trying to compensate for that by pulling back the reigns and taking a conservative approach through the neutral and offensive zones. He's neutered the only thing he did well as a coach, which was run and gun. This team looks nothing like the team they had even in 2011-2012. They look like a team that doesn't know if they want to be a run and gun team or a conservative defensive team, and the result is a crappy showing for both.
I'd have no problems with a guy like Claude Julien either. Defensive awareness is a must in Julien's system, but offense doesn't take a back seat either. It's a very balanced system. Another guy I'd hope the Flyers would consider if Laviolette is sent packing - Benoit Groulx.