View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 07:26 PM
NeutralZone

vCash: 500
I find it hard to find fault with MacT so far. He's definitely done a lot more than Tambo did. Grebeshkov and MacIntyre were somewhat questionable pickups, but it's not like he traded anything for them or signed them to expensive/long contracts.

Other than those two, I don't think you can fault him for any of the people he has signed or the trades he has made. Belov and Joensuu seem to be great finds. Gordon and Ference were established, functional FA signings that filled obvious holes. The Perron trade so far seems like a steal. I like the Gagner and RNH contracts.

The only thing that's left is to fault him for what he hasn't done. Center depth is a little thin, but it's pretty hard to lose your top 2 centers and not have it impact the team in a big way. He didn't make any blockbuster type trades, but I think that was the right move. Lock them in long term and let the kids develop rather than trying to fast track the rebuild by trading for established stars that are overpaid and probably won't want to stay.

NeutralZone is offline   Reply With Quote