View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 10:18 PM
NTDP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
Other than Ned, we sucked. Plain and simple. Could be a long year for us. This team is not good enough now, to think that we will make the playoffs. That could turn around in mid season though. Had weak starts before and finished in the top four come playoff time. I have some concerns about a couple of rookies. Just wondering if they are a bit overwhelmed by speed of the OHL game. They must adapt to this or be the team left outside when it counts. If Ned keeps in some games and steals a few, his stock will only rise. We cant rely on anybody in our Division to be a pushover. We got a fight on our hands.
The expectations this year aren't to win the west division or even finish in the top 4. That's what happens when you lose a lot of talent to the pro ranks. Windsor went through the same thing after 09, 10, and a great run in 2011. Yeah the Whalers have a reputation of being competitive and making the playoffs, but if you expect the same results we had the past two years...then yeah it will be a long year for you. The Spits are a team that could challenge for the West division this year and they looked pretty good in the offensive zone tonight. I think a great finish would be 6th. Other than that, I have no issue with finishing 7th or 8th this year. What rookies do you have concerns about? I for one think Mercer might be in over his head a bit. Rathgeb gets beat to the front of the net a lot, but I like what he can bring offensively. One rookie I do like though is Liam Dunda. I really like his size and if he can work on his skating and his puck skills, he can be a good one. He has the one ice work ethic, he is in the mix in the corners/tough areas a lot during the game. What do you think Whalerblue?