View Single Post
Old
10-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
I guess I'm disagreeing. On the play where Arcobello had the opportunity to score in the last minutes of the game, it was Smyth who was able to find him in front of the net and got the puck to him. On the goal by Hemsky, it was Smyth who drove Byfuglien into the goalie and then got out of the way when Hemsky shot.

The problem I have with this - is that against Winnipeg Smyth wasn't even the worse player on his line. IMO, Hall had a worse performance than Smyth - two costly turnovers leading directly to goals. Those weren't on Smyth - but Hall. And yet, everyone's blaming Smyth...? Where's the criticism on Hall?
Two excellent points, Master Lok.

Smyth has become the new whipping boy for fans, which is sad. I think that he'll win back the hearts of fans somewhat over the course of the season. Hemsky has silenced his critics with his play, and he was a whipping boy for a longer term than Smyth has been. The Oilers have to start winning and all will be forgiven. As MacTavish has stated, losing garners criticism. Every player is under the microscope, having the flaws in their game exposed, discussed, rehashed, and paraded about town.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote