View Single Post
Old
10-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
It's not just last season. It's every game since December of 2011. He just isn't that good.

And Brown/MacIntyre aren't playing top line minutes. Brown's not a good hockey player but he was effective in his role in the Jets game.

The thing that frustrates people is that he's playing with the best player on our team when he has done nothing to deserve it. Meanwhile Yakupov, last season's goal scoring leader, is toiling on the third line and being benched.

Smyth didn't cost us the game, but he sure didn't win it for us either. He just isn't that good anymore, and the worst part is that he doesn't recognize it. I only hope Eakins does before Hall becomes completely ineffective.
This is just plain silly, How could you even use this in a debate? You think that Eakins is playin him out of sympathy? Or is Smytty supposed to say "Hey coach I'm no good anymore, could ya please stick me in the pressbox?" get with it. Eakins and MacT are the ones who decide how good he is and if he plays. He does what he is told. including bleed. Also stating that Smytty doesn't realize he is getting up there in years in kind of far out there as well. Smyth has increased his training regimen vastly this past summer and is 100% on board with the Eakins fitness routine, and will only improve as time goes on. It is a new season now with a new schedule and new stats, and we will see who the best player is after the dust settles in the Spring/Summer.

Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote