View Single Post
Old
01-16-2004, 09:39 AM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
i would think a young player like cammy would have more trouble if they stayed with the big club and keeps getting frustrated with not scoring...i believe this would render his development more than by sending him to the minors...
I forgot that Frolov is the same age as Cammy, and when he went on his slump last year he got sent down.........oh yeah that didn't happen. Do you see my point, we make excuses. The ultimate goal is NHL, not AHL. Cammy doesn't care if he gets five minutes or twenty minutes, the point is staying in the best league in the world. So he goes on a slump? Big deal, so do hundreds of NHL players all the time. And, the most important slump that we need to pay attention to is the win column, and we're losing sight of it. I'm not the coach, so I have deal with his decisions every year, I just disagree. I think he should put the most capable players of helping this team, not the guys that do everything he says in practice.

Now tell me why this couldn't work? Because we've all seen it!

Luc/Frolov - Army - Cammy
Luc/Frolov - Stumpel - Klatt/Pirnes
Luc/Avery - Belanger - Klatt/Lappy
Brennan/Avery/Pirnes/Sim/Flinn (in any formula)

Don't even ask what the lines look like now, they're beyond distorted, and a major reason why we lack scoring punch. I think AM expects a bit much from certain players, and they're not capable of the responsibilty they're given.