View Single Post
Old
10-04-2013, 07:51 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think that for the most part, GMs (Homer included) have a pretty good sense of who will be claimed on waivers and who will clear. A large majority of the time when someone is waived, I would bet the team pretty much knows whether or not he will clear. Sometimes they don't care if he gets claimed, other times they want him to, other times they want the guy to clear. But I think I am confident in saying that this isn't some rash decision that is just made at the drop of a hat. I know it is crazy, and I get flamed a lot for saying this, but they actually have a better idea of what is going on around the league than we do here on these boards. Homer most likely had a good indication that he would clear. Crazy, I know.
In general, I agree, though it wouldn't be the first time Holmgren (or another GM) was caught with his trousers south of his knees. In this case, the flurry of waivings and other circumstances making a mob of players available stacked the deck against Hall being called up, as the majority of clubs were trimming rosters, not filling them out.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote