Old
10-04-2013, 12:03 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
If they miss the playoffs Holmgren should definitely be fired.

I think he did his best to replace Pronger with a #1 defensman who could possibly make Laviolette's high risk system work. But when he coudln't get Suter or Weber and the Flyers fell apart in the shortened season he should have realized they needed to go in another direction. The Flyers D-core is no worse than the guys NJ had on the blue line when they went to the Finals in 2012. But they are not good enough to consistently make the long breakout passes Laviolette's system requires due to the big gap between the forwards and D, nor are they good enough to defend against all the odd man rushes that Laviolette's system enables.
I could see Homer getting canned if they miss the playoffs this season. I think the writing is on the wall for that to go down (Hextall coming in). My tears on that day will be worse than when I said goodbye to Michael Leighton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It was bad enough that he never received another offer for a coaching job again. He finished 4th or 5th in the pacific in his four years there.

Great player but horrible coach.