View Single Post
Old
01-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Big Mama*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Maybe I'm in the minority of Leaf fans when I say. "Good for JR". At least he has the balls to stand up to the NHL. Under the collective bargaining agreement, the NHL cannot suspend Roenick for his continued rant, only fine him $1000. Chump change for him and IMO, well worth it. Bettman really needs to take the basketball out of his ass and concentrate on hockey. So, a player speaks out against something the referees are doing all to often, and rightfully so. But Gary doesn't like his little sheep being tarnished, so he suspends JR for a game and ends up costing Roenick over $91K. That's not chump change. I really don't care what Watters said on the radio, he came off sounding like a fool with his "Alfie" rant and he sounded like a fool again claiming Bettman is nothing but a puppet for Snider and Jacobs.

You really need to get off this NHL vs. Toronto diatribe. It was only a few games ago that Barry Trotz and earlier Glenn Sather had claimed that Toronto had the refs in their pockets.
Good coaching trying to get an edge but the leafs lead the league in shorthanded penalties. I have no problem with JRs rant and in fact agree with him. My point is if a leaf went off on a rant they would be branded whiners and would have been suspended for 3 games not 1 game. I agree with Watters makes a good point as usual.