Old
10-04-2013, 11:38 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
and I hope to God they are patient with Stolarz. Keep him in the AHL for at least 2 full seasons once he gets there. I dont care if Stolarz is the winning Bastien Memorial Award, Keep him there.
But I have zero faith in this organization to do that. Why? Whats ahead of him in this organization? not much. I could fully see Snider pushing Holmgren or Hextall into getting Stolarz up to the Flyers ASAP.
I am holding out hope that Hextall points to how the Kings handled a guy like Bernier who had a pedigree much better then Stolarz has right now.
Well, I think the only reason to "rush" Stolie would be if he were lighting it up as you say. I don't see the Flyers calling him up if he isn't playing well. If he's killing it, that is a different story. In that case, I don't think it would be rushing him. I am all for him staying in the A until he is 23-24 years old, but if he shows he can play I have no problem with him playing. I don't think it is rushing the kid if he is winning the Bastien Memorial (which I assume is the AHl equivalent of the Vezina).

If he is just playing well and winning games in ADK, then leave him there for a while. Let him get his time in. But if he is dominating at the AHL level I have no problem with him getting the callup.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote