View Single Post
Old
10-04-2013, 11:53 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Well, I think the only reason to "rush" Stolie would be if he were lighting it up as you say. I don't see the Flyers calling him up if he isn't playing well. If he's killing it, that is a different story. In that case, I don't think it would be rushing him. I am all for him staying in the A until he is 23-24 years old, but if he shows he can play I have no problem with him playing. I don't think it is rushing the kid if he is winning the Bastien Memorial (which I assume is the AHl equivalent of the Vezina).

If he is just playing well and winning games in ADK, then leave him there for a while. Let him get his time in. But if he is dominating at the AHL level I have no problem with him getting the callup.
there is a rather huge difference between the AHL and NHL. If he is playing well down there and they want to give him a look then fine. To me I would prefer they bite the bullet and leave him in the AHL once he gets there for 2 seasons. He is going to need time to adjust to the pro game. Especially in the most important position in the sport. Yes the Bastien Memorial is for the best goaltender in the AHL.
Jonathan Bernier and Cory Schneider won the award in recent memory.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote