View Single Post
10-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Darth Milbury
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Jvr and ryan, the two #2picks, have been pretty comparable the past couple years.

The sen to compare kessel to is spezza, except 5 yrs younger and without a degenerative back problem.

Oh, please. How many 30 goal seasons has JVR had? In fact, how many seasons has he had with over 40 points? Ryan had 4 consecutive 30+ goal seasons before the lockout year. JVR's career high is 20. Saying they are comparable is an absolute joke.

Heck, Ryan has scored more goals than Kessel in two of the last four seasons, and he would have done it in a third season if he was not injured. In Kessel's breakout year, Ryan was on pace for over 40.

Speeza's career high is 92 points. Remind me again - how many 90 point season has Kessel had?

But, I guess I must be posting all these actual statistics because I am another Leaf hater.

Kessel is a gifted young offensive player with huge upside. I would easily put him at the same level as John Tavares and Matt Duchene as far as longterm potential is concerned. But, to have him in an entirely different league than Ryan and equate him to Speeza is way beyond the actual facts.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 10-04-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote