View Single Post
Old
01-16-2004, 10:04 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Jr#9....

I agree on many fronts....First off, though I'm not sure how long it will last, Lindros has indeed been playing good hockey and we need to bring in a decent-sized winger with skill to make the optimum use of Lindros...And even if Lindros falters, we still desperately need a LW on a second line, especially given the pathetic play of Hlavac, Rheaume, Carter and even Nedved....

I also agree that Jeff O'Neil would be a great choice and I would pay a little bit to get him, but not too much because his contract runs out this year (RFA) and who knows what will hapopen to his status.....ANd I think it's possible that the Rangers make a move for him...

Just don't think it's probable..I honestly think Sather will be VERY ACTIVE around the deadline and that he will be aquiring 1 or possibly two veteran wingers for younger assets..But I don't think the price will be that high because other then about 10 teams, the rest of the league will be trying to get rid of almost every and all veterans (I.e., Columbus with the likes of Sanderson, Cassels, etc..)