View Single Post
Old
10-04-2013, 01:55 PM
showtime8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
It would be nice if you could have an intelligent discussion without stooping to insults or screaming about bias.

I am not a Senator fan. I am Islander fan. I do not like the Sens or the Leafs so its not clear how there is any "homerism" in my post. I am simply looking at two players on opposing teams that I happen to think quite highly of, and identifying the one that I see as being the better overall player.

I don't think Ryan will have more points than Kessel. Ryan is not much of a playmaker, nor will his linemates (like Speeza) be big goal scorers. I do think he can easily have more goals than Kessel and I believe he will display a more rounded game overall. So, if I had to choose between the two, I'd take Ryan.
I think that this year will truly define what you have in Bobby Ryan. When Ryan was in Anaheim, he wasn't facing the other teams top shutdown pairing every night. He was getting the 2nd pairing treatment. Now that he's in Ottawa and will get a much bigger role and will be tested.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote