View Single Post
Old
10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Leidi J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Would it be worth considering Brent Burns on the 25 man roster, he can either fill in on D or on the wing, skates well, can score and is decent defensively...

The roster would shape as 12 Forwards 7 D-men and 3 goalies ....

and the 3 extra bodies would be (example) Hall, Duchene and Burns to fill out the 25 man roster.

The idea is Subban, Doughty and Letang are all essentially the same, especially Subban and Letang, so scratch Letang (who I have as the 8th. D-man anyway)in favor of Burns who adds a little different element to the mix.

good idea, anybody with any other suggestions?
I suggested this a month or two back. Obviously, I think it would be an intriguing idea for hockey canada to consider. From May:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPAVLESKI View Post
I'd like to see Burns there actually. I've been reading this thread and people keep talking about how you want speed on the big ice while others argue you want some big guys that can hit and grind on the boards. Burns is both, really difficult to get the puck away from. Rocket from the point/on the PP. Plus you can stick him on Forward or Defense.

Even if he's just one of the 14th Forward or 8th Dman, you're killing two birds with one stone to have someone that versatile.

It will probably depend on how he does next year, whether the Sharks keep him up front as a forward or puts him back at D. But it's an interesting thought experiment as a wild card. Just something for the people picking to consider...