View Single Post
Old
10-04-2013, 04:37 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Look, I'm critical of Price's technique/play on occasion, but this thread just... hurts my brain. There's no Halak beside him right now, and we've held onto him until he got to his prime, so how about we try to see some of his prime? We don't need to trade him at this point, he just has to play a teensy bit better.

Maybe, MAYbe, if another really good goalie was coming back, maybe one that only had 2 or 3 years left on their contract, maybe you start putting together something that makes more sense in the long term, but man... Price to Philadelphia? Already? Jesus no.
There's at least 20 goalies in the league who provide the same performance, many for way less. Good teams are more important than good goaltenders. I'd trade Price for the right deal in a hurry. I don't believe in goalies being the highest paid player at all, plus goalies from highest to lowest are all relatively close aside from the super elites, but there aren't many of those and price isn't one. I'm confident we pick up a goalie off the scrap heap and be fine if we build a good team.

Crawford/Niemi/osgood/leighton/fleury, all very average, if the team is good enough it can mask a lot of things. Most starting goaleis are around the same in terms of performance, and yes, Dubynk was as good as price last year.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote