Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2013, 02:30 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Thought I'd bump this as I haven't seen it in a while but I have seen lots of proposals in other threads. Hopefully this will keep us from spreading our "great ideas" to the main board without a little bit of discussion first

If I'm looking to make a trade, I'm keeping my eye on the future.

Goals
- Size
- Speed
- Potential chemistry with current core players
- Peak age relative to our core players

Positional Needs
- 1st line RW (or top-6 winger)
- #2 two-way defenceman

PLAYERS I THINK WE SHOULD TARGET:

Simon Despres - LD
(22yo/ 6'4/ 215lbs) - Excellent two-way defender capable of logging big minutes in all situations.

Nino Niederreiter - LW/RW
(21yo/ 6'2/ 208lbs) - A sniper capable of playing a decent physical game, thriving in high-stress environments.

Luca Sbisa - LD
(23yo/ 6'2/ 204lbs) - Capable two-way defender capable of playing in big situations and logging big minutes.

Michael Grabner - LW/RW
(25yo/ 6'1/ 186lbs) - Incredibly fast sniper capable of changing the pace of a game and creating space with his speed and goalscoring ability.

Brandon Gormley - LD
(21yo/ 6'2/ 198lbs) - Responsible defenceman with good offensive upside and a passable shutdown game.

Kyle Okposo - RW
(25yo/ 6'0/ 212lbs) - Very tenacious skater with a high level of skill and physical ability.

Thoughts? Ideas? Other players we should target? Other age ranges or positions we should target? Potential proposals for these players?
Great post. I've been saying for months now that Bergy will have to make some key trades in order to support our core starting next year.

FA market sucks, and drafts are a gamble.

Bergy needs to trade, starters and prospects, starting this deadline.