Thread: Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old
10-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
I would love to have him on team.. you would get to see like 3 breakaways each game lol
My only concern is his lack of a physical game and his defensive commitment. If we're getting him just to score goals, he's a beauty, if we're wanting to keep balancing our forward group with size, then he doesn't really help us that way. I think we've got room for him in the future to be a good speed guy, we don't look like we're going to be very small in the coming years.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Grabner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Great post. I've been saying for months now that Bergy will have to make some key trades in order to support our core starting next year.

FA market sucks, and drafts are a gamble.

Bergy needs to trade, starters and prospects, starting this deadline.
Thanks, it looks like we're on the same page! It seems the only way to compete for the cup these days is to create a strong core and have a cup window, there aren't really many other options or lucky breaks. I think step one should be to get our core in place by whatever means necessary and then (or during this process) cultivate draft picks to supplement our future core. It could be as simple as trading away one veteran forward and/or defenceman at this year's trade deadline to bring in the missing pieces.