View Single Post
Old
10-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I was at the game. They weren't "buried" unless you count the shots percentage and on a limb rushes. But rushes were pretty even. The Sabres had a LOT of good shots but Anderson played well and they couldn't finish chances. Either team was getting caught on rushes. I can't count how many times Buffalo has the puck in Craig's crease and couldn't just get it over the line. Lot of times it was poorly coordinated rebound attempts that saw the puck going wide and out or being cleared before a Sabre got to it. There was good stickwork for either team in the creases though.

However, I highly doubt that the Senators are going to challenge Boston for the division. Bruins are one of the hardest teams to play against and their size + skill will definitely give their rivals nightmares.
That's reassuring for Buffalo fans who expected big struggles. The possession charts indicate that it was a fairly close game through two periods but that Ottawa took over in the third, does this seem accurate to you?

I really think they might actually, they have speed and skill up and down the lineup and Karlsson's overall effect on the ice is IMO bigger than his effect on the scoreboard. With Spezza and Karlsson back plus the addition of Ryan I think they'll be a really dangerous team. The impact of the Bruins' size is IMO overstated and I think they'll regret the Seguin for Eriksson trade.